Shaping the future of mountain environments and societies together
Take action with mountain stakeholders from around the world
Join academics, practitioners, educators, students, decision-makers, community knowledge holders and Indigenous rights-holders from 18 networks across six continents and 50+ countries. Examine the most critical challenges and opportunities mountain communities face. Help build pathways to sustainability across mountain systems worldwide.
Together, we can move mountains.
The United Nations designated 2022 as the International Year of Sustainable Mountain Development, and we’ll explore how to achieve sustainable development that is also inclusive and just at the Moving Mountains Summit.
The Summit will immediately precede the UN Mountain Partnership meeting in Aspen, CO and will deliver a vision and action plan for mountains co-produced at the Summit, representing the braiding of local and Indigenous knowledges, perspectives and values with western science.
Event registration system
We envision transforming mountain science and sustainable development to be more collaborative, just, impactful, and based on multiple values and knowledge systems.
- Mountain Research Initiative (MRI)
- Youth Environmental Alliance in Higher Education (YEAH)
- High Mountains Adaptation Partnership (HiMAP)
- Mountain Sentinels
- Transformation Pathways, Stockholm Resilience Centre
- Knowledge for Climate University Partnership and Conectate-A+
- Canadian Mountain Network
- International Network of Mountain Indigenous Peoples
- Integrated Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- The Mountain Partnership FAO
- Indigenous Climate Change Impact Observation Network (ICCION)