Mountain Research and Development Journal has a call for papers for their next issue. The full paper is due on July 1st, 2022. This focus issue will highlight how the development and applications of digital and digitalized technologies can open up inclusive and sustainable ways of overcoming development challenges of mountain societies and ecosystems.
Digitalization is profoundly affecting people, societies, and the environment (WBGU 2019). If digitalization is shaped in a way that spurs progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), it can offer great potential for transforming mountain social–ecological systems toward greater sustainability, while preventing potential negative social, societal, and environmental impacts. However, the links between digitalization and sustainable development have not received sufficient attention from research and development communities. Indeed, the United Nations 2030 Agenda does not explicitly address the benefits and challenges of novel information and communications technology (ICT) for sustainable futures.
- Submit your full paper by 1 July 2022 using MRD’s online submission platform.
- A short notice of intent may be submitted to [email protected]: we will provide advice if needed or requested.
- The issue is scheduled for completion in May 2023; articles will be published on a rolling basis, as soon as they are ready.
- Before submitting, please read our guidelines for authors.
- As a not-for-profit open access journal, MRD charges authors a publication fee to offset part of its production costs. Read more in our publication fee policy.
If you are interested in further information, click here!