Founded in 2014, The Mountain Pact educates, empowers, and mobilizes local elected officials in over 80 Western mountain communities with outdoor recreation-based economies to speak with a collective voice on federal climate, public lands, and outdoor recreation policy. The Mountain Pact is a fiscally-sponsored 501(c)(3) organization based in the west and fiscally sponsored by the Sierra Business Council.
The Communications and Project Coordinator will support the Executive Director (ED) in campaign and administrative related tasks. The Communications and Project Coordinator is responsible for research and development of draft campaign messaging, materials, and content with guidance from funders and the ED. These materials are used throughout campaign activities and uphold the mission and vision of The Mountain Pact. The Communications and Project Coordinator is also responsible for posting social media content that is relevant to current and past campaigns to The Mountain Pact’s social media accounts
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills;
- Strong written communication skills and enthusiasm around writing;
- Very strong attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Federal Congressional and Administrative policy processes and/or considerable interest in developing
an in-depth understanding;
- Personal connection to western mountain culture;
- Experience working with local government officials on conservation issues strongly preferred;
- Self-starter who can quickly turn ideas into action;
- Ability to translate policy language into tangible and understandable communication materials.